Copenhagen’s Music For Dreams label has drummed up another amazing concept album – a double vinyl and digital release of personal favourites compiled by Salon Des Amateurs resident Jan Schulte aka Müller, aka Bufiman.
Entitled ‘Tropcial Drums of Deutschland’, the 13 track compilation will be released on vinyl on Wednesday 19th April 2017, with digital and stream to be released on Friday 5th May 2017.
The album, which has already received heavy tastemaker support, features Jan Schulte’s prize collection of ‘tropical drum’ music made in and around Germany in the 80s. In fact Schulte says “the compilation stems from a general fascination for music that describes places where the artists have never been.”
Music For Dreams says “while much of the music on ‘Tropical Drums Of Deutschland’ came out on small labels in the late 80s and featured musical traditions from foreign lands, the content of the two-disc vinyl collection deals much more with introspection than exploitation. Schulte has also made a couple of exclusive edits for the album release.
The compilation follows a couple of collaborative EPs from Schulte late last year. Themes From Great Cities put out ‘Kabuki’ from Young Wolf, Schulte’s team-up with Young Marco. He also worked with DJ Normal on an upcoming Aiwo Rec. 12-inch, ‘The 5 Elements – Water & Air’, under his Bufiman alias.
1. Om Buschman – Klang Fängt An
2. Total Art Of Percussion – Wuhan Wuchang
3. Argile – Tagtraum Eines Elefanten
4. Rüdiger Opperman’s Harp Attack – Troubadix In Afrika
5. Argile – Kleine Rosa Wolke
6. Sanza – Sounouh
7. Om Buschman – Prima Kalimba
8. Drumming Birds (Bob Moses & Billy Martin) – Boat Song Pt. II
9. Ralf Nowy – Akili Mali
10. Trimopen – Wagagroove
11. Om Buschman – Hey Tata Gorem
12. Om Buschman – Hey Tata Forem (Wolf Müller Edit)
13. TCP – At The Water-Hole (Wolf Müller Edit)